This program focuses on understanding project management and business process improvement. It is specifically recommended for “seasoned” supervisors or managers who are expected to fulfill their supervisory duties of “getting work done through the efforts of others” as well as work on innovative projects that focus on improvements opportunities. They are expected to add value based on their in-depth understanding of their organization, their industry, and their resources.
- Understand just what is meant by a “project”
- Develop the skills a project manager must have
- Develop methods for keeping the team focused and motivated and the customer satisfied.
- Identify simple techniques and tools for planning and tracking your project
- Recognize what steps must be taken to complete projects on time and on budget
- Enhance ability to sell ideas to the sponsor, the customer, and the team through meetings and presentations
- Understand ways to add value to your organization