Workers at all levels feel stressed out, insecure, and misunderstood. Many of us feel the demands of the workplace have become too much to handle. The financial impact of stress is staggering. This workshop will explore the harmful long-term effects of stress on our mental and physical health and provide suggestions for managing our individual stresses more effectively. Strategies may include changes in lifestyle, stress management techniques such as relaxation and exercise, improved communication skills, and self-awareness.
- Understand that stress is a positive, unavoidable part of everybody’s life
- Recognize the symptoms that tell you when you have “chronic stress overload”
- Identify those situations in your life that cause you the greatest stress
- Identify those actions which add to your stress and actions that can be used to reduce stress
- Develop strategies for changing both the situations and the actions that can be changed
- Develop techniques for dealing with the situations and actions that can’t be changed