Whether you have to give a presentation, or just speak up in a discussion or meeting, the very act of speaking can strike fear into the hearts of many of us.
Learning to overcome your fears, and speak up is what this workshop is all about. Have some tricks up your sleeve for overcoming an attack of the jitters. Although people’s opinions of you evolve over time, your credibility and acceptability in the short term hinge on the impression you make when you stand up to speak. Look cool and professional and in control—even if you are inwardly shaking. Practice in a safe and non-threatening environment.
This workshop looks not just at what you say but how you say it—your body language, your voice, your mannerisms and your manners. You will hear practical suggestions from a professional speaker on how to improve your speaking skills.
- Identify ways to gain rapport with your audience
- Learn techniques to reduce nervousness and fear
- Recognize how visual aids can create impact and attention
- Develop techniques to create a professional presence
- Use practice techniques to really prepare