This workshop will not provide you with an easy way to solve every ethical decision you will ever have to make. It will, however, help you define your ethical framework to make solving those ethical dilemmas easier. What does the word Ethical mean? According to Webster’s New World Dictionary (1979) it means:
- Having to do with ethics, or of conforming to moral standards.
- Conforming to professional standards of conduct.
- Reflection on moral standards and decision-making processes
Morals, values, tolerance, and discipline with all these terms sometimes used interchangeably with ethics. The Core Values undergirding ethical thinking are the principles of:
- Nonmaleficence- Do no harm;
- Beneficence- Promote good;
- Justice- Equality and right, fairness.