This course is based on the philosophy of individual differences, and on the idea that we are all unique. Participants will gain a better understanding of themselves and others, and how this affects their ability problem solving, decision making and conflict resolution. They will develop strategies that increase their effectiveness and help maintain a healthy workplace.
- Recognize individual conflict management techniques
- Know when to use them
- Know how to use them
- Recognize how our words, our non-verbal messages and our ability to see the other person’s point of view can help or hinder successful resolution of issues
- Develop coping strategies for dealing with difficult people and difficult situations
- Understand how to deal with conflict by getting it out in the open and dealing with it
- Recognize the stress that often accompanies conflict and develop some options for managing that stress.