Past behaviour is the best indicator of future behaviour. This workshop concentrates on the pre-interview preparation, developing questions and their value, the interview techniques that get specific, behaviour-based examples of past performance, and the strategies that follow through on this process.
Based on the work of Lou Adler and Stephen Jackson on Performance-Based Hiring, and the work of Tom Janz, of the University of Calgary, whose work on behavioural-based interviewing has been adopted by the global community, this two-day workshop gives recruiters practical information and hands-on practice to ask the right questions, the right way, to conduct defensible interviews and hire top performers.
- Understand why behavioural interviews are two to five times more accurate than traditional interviews.
- Identify and apply the principles of behaviour interviews, and performance-based selection methods.
- Recognize the pattern of behavioural questions and use this pattern to design job-specific, behavioural, performance-based questions.
- Enhance professional interviewing skills with effective communication strategies and behavioural interviews techniques
- Have the ability to create a customized interview guide from the sample guide provided
- Role play and practice using behavioural, performance-based interviewing skills
- Develop a defensible scoring and evaluation process
- Complete the process through testing and reference checking.